Why do I LOVE butter? Let me count the ways… Saturated fats are not the cause of our modern diseases. On the contrary, they play a lot of vital roles in our body chemistry:
1. Saturated fatty acids make up at least 50% of the cell membranes. They are what create our cells necessary stiffness and integrity.
2. They play a vital role in the health of our bones. For calcium to be effectively incorporated into the skeletal structure, at least 50% of the dietary fats should be saturated.
3. They guard the liver from alcohol and other toxins, such as Tylenol.
4. They improve the immune system.
5. Saturated fats have antimicrobial properties, which protect us against harmful microorganisms in the digestive tract.
6. Cholesterol is vital for production and function of serotonin receptors in the brain. Serotonin is the body’s “feel-good” chemical. Low cholesterol levels have been linked to depression and aggression. Anti-depressants often don’t work for patients that are on vegetarian diets.
7. Cholesterol acts as a precursor to important hormones that help us deal with stress and protect the body against cancer and heart disease. It is also important to our sex hormones like androgen, testosterone, estrogen and progesterone.
8. It is DELISH! .
#butterlover #snowman #buttersculpture #butter #saturatedfat #heartdisease #butterisbetter #dontblamethebutterforwhatthebreaddid @kerrygoldusa #funwithfood